Background

11.05.2008

Hope in the Future

Aren't these two beautiful faces a summary of what "hope in the future" is all about? A hope in something solid--like eternal families ... not just a hope in passing moments, like, ... well, like who wins elections.
For the last several months, I have hoped beyond all hopes that John McCain would beat Barak Obama. He didn't. So I've spent time thinking about the importance of hope because in spite of the outcome last night there is much to be hopeful about. I woke up this morning, the sky was blue, the sun was shining, I had laundry and dishes to do ... and my heart was at peace. Why? Because my hope in Jesus Christ is stronger than is my hope in who wins a presidential election. I hold tightly to the hope that things will "work together for [our] good." President Uchtdorf refers to is as "the infinite power of hope." I like that--power in hope. He said, "To all who feel discouraged, worried, or lonely--never give in. Never surrender. Never allow despair to overcome your spirit. Embrace and rely upon the Hope of Israel, for the love of the Son of God pierces all darkness, softens all sorrow, and gladdens every heart." I would add ... even in the face of a hard-fought election that ends in defeat.

1 comment:

Trevor and Colette Riley said...

I must agree 100%. We miss you mom and dad. We are so excited for Christmas.