
Happy Father's Day to Dad Riley, the patriarch of four living "Lloyds" ... Richard Lloyd, Tracy Lloyd, Trevor Lloyd and Tayson Lloyd. The first time I met Dad Riley was the summer of 1983 when Tracy took me to Manteca, California to "meet the parents." I felt like I had known him forever--he was warm, loving and treated me with such kindness. He was very much like his mother (Claudine) whom I had already met--lots of hugs and kisses for everyone--and I immediately felt at home. His favorite cake was coconut, but I'm sure I've never made one as good as his mom could make. Some things only moms can do, right? Over the last 24 years, Dad Riley has made me feel like a daughter and a true Riley. He now presides over four generations of Rileys. I love him and ache over the physical trials he is enduring. We pay tribute to him and honor him on this Father's Day. We love you, dad ... grandpa ... and great-grandpa!
No comments:
Post a Comment