This morning I was straightening Katie's hair before she took off to girls camp. I rattled off a few items--you know, a "mom's checklist"--when I realized Katie had completely tuned out. I said, "Does it irrate you for me to go through a checklist?" "YES" was the resounding answer. (What was I thinking??) I smiled and quietly said, "Sorry--I'll try to remember that."
WELL, GUESS WHAT??? 10 minutes after her bus took off my cell phone rang. "Umm, Umm, Umm, Mom?" Yesssssss?? "Umm, Umm, I .... Umm, ... well, ... ummm ... I forgot a couple of things (I gasped) ... and uhhh ... I was wondering if you could send them up tomorrow with Sister McClure." A COUPLE OF THINGS? Let me rattle them off ... her pillow, her glasses, her retainer, a towel and .... and ... and ... most importantly--especially for girls camp--her HAIR GEL. How could she possibly live without hair gel? I smiled and quietly said, "Sure."
No comments:
Post a Comment