Background

5.06.2008

Father's Blessings


This is one of my all-time favorite pics. I have "my king," "my castle," and "my subjects." (I'm smiling.) In Sacrament Meeting last week two young fathers blessed their new babies. It touched a chord in my heart. Wasn't it only yesterday Tracy was holding Trevor, then Reggie, and finally Katie in his arms giving them their names and priesthood blessings? As our family approaches a new crossroad, with Katie graduating and joining her brothers in starting her own individual road, while Tracy and I start down the "empty nest" road, my mind has reflected over and over on all the beautiful blessings Tracy has given them through the years. Blessings such as growing up with testimonies of Jesus Christ, having a desire to serve Him, to marry in the temple, having righteous posterities, becoming leaders in the work of the Lord, and so many more. I want my children to know as they move along the roads of their lives, that the direction they are going is fulfillment of many of the blessings they have received from their father, inspired by our Heavenly Father. I look forward to the future with hope and optimism for our whole family. I can't wait for us to be together in 3 short weeks. Love, Mom

No comments: