Background

5.11.2008

Happy Mother's Day to Mom Riley


Almost 25 years ago I met one of the most amazing women that has ever lived. I would say she's right up there with my mom. Oh wait ... she is my mom! My sweet mom-in-law. On this Mother's Day I pay tribute to her. She's so lovingly accepted me into the Riley family, has made me feel like one of her own daughters, and absolutely gets the "Grandma of the Year" award--year after year. For four years she has sent a letter or email to Trevor and Reggie EVERY week while they have been on their missions. Letters of love, encouragement, humor and, of course--updates on the world of politics. There has not been one birthday, one Christmas, one graduation ceremony, one anything that our family has celebrated but that she has so lovingly remembered. I know she loves my children as much as Nena loves them. What a beautiful thought. Thank you Mom for raising a wonderful son like Tracy. He is my life, my sunshine, my love ... and he is a product of you. Thank you for your love, your patience, your kindness, your generosity, your dedication, your loyalty. I love you. Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: