Background

7.06.2008

Happy Birthday America--Fireworks in the QC!

America the beautiful--home of the brave, land of the free! Indeed it is our home ... our land ... our freedom ... America YOU rock! For the last four years we have celebrated the 4th with the Kishpaughs--a tradition of swimming, bbque and, of course, fireworks! This is an actual picture of the fireworks in Queen Creek at Schneph's Farms. Best firework show I've ever seen (well, except maybe the Stadium of Fire in Provo. But hey--here its only $10 a car, whereas Provo's its about $40 a head ... go figure)


Here we are in our backyard--starting off the celebration with a "cool" dip. Really stretching that word "cool" ... the water is actually 92 degrees.


After the swim, its off to the Kishpaughs for a bbque. Here's David and Trace, our grill masters. Umm umm good. I made home-made ice cream sandwiches this year.


After dinner, its off to the fireworks. Big, beautiful monsoon clouds rolled in right on que, and with a soft breeze, the temperatures dropped and we actually enjoyed a beautiful evening of fireworks.
Here's Lynn and I ... can old ladies have bff's (or whatever that text acronym is?) Well--if they can, Lynn certainly is one of mine! Love ya, Lynn. btw ... check out her bag (inside joke) haha.

Well ... there's a wrap till next year. Hope Trev, Colette, Tayson and Reggie had a wonderful 4th of July. I miss you-all. Love, Mom

No comments: