Background

7.20.2008

"Trevorisms": A Stroll Down Memory Lane #1

I was going through my old letters a few days ago and found some I had sent to Tracy just after he graduated from college and flew to California for job interviews. Trevor was almost 4 years old and Reggie was almost 2. Here are a few of what I like to call “Trevorisms.” Quotes from my little boy while his “best bud” Dad was away for a few weeks.





Here’s an excerpt from a letter dated Monday, September 5, 1988, 8:00p.



Hi Sweetheart!

I’ve been just cracking up at what Trevor has been telling me to do, so I sat right down to write so I wouldn’t’ forget! He’s been asking for something to eat (preferable in the treat area) so I made him some chocolate milk.

Then he started asking for something else, so I said, “How about some King Vitamin or Just Right?” [names of popular dry cereal] He leaned up against the fridge and said—and his hands were going and his eyebrows going up and down—“Now, Mom, s’ink about it—just relax and s’ink about what you could give me. It could be something in the fridge, or something in the cupboard.”

I said, “I’ve already thought about it and you can have some dry cereal.”

“Mom, you didn’t s’ink about it—okay—(hands extended). I could have more chocolate milk or some cake …those are my choices.”


Here’s another one from a letter dated Friday, September 9, 1988, 8:10p.

This is from Trevor to Trace--verbatim: “I’ll give daddy a letter and my card. Now … I love my daddy. Please take him one on the airplane. I wish daddy could come home. I hope daddy has good job. I love my grandma and daddy. I hope daddy could hurry up on his job and come on the airplane. Hurry up Daddy!”

[Later in the letter] …. We were coming down the Orem hill and all of sudden Trevor said, “Mommy, how would you feel if I spanked you?”

I said (very surprised because it came out of nowhere), “well, that wouldn’t make me feel very well.”

He said, “Yea—you see (try to picture his hands a going)—if you were a little girl and I was a big boy you wouldn’t like it if I spanked you so I don’t like it if you spank me.”

Nice try, Trev! :)

No comments: